AIS'22 is in two parts: Training & Workshops and Plenary Sessions.
Every year the AFRINIC Programme Committee looks for people to:
- Participate in the technical conference sessions as a speaker
- Convene and chair panel sessions on relevant topics
- Deliver technical tutorials
We are specifically interested in presentations focusing on:
- Internet Governance.
- Internet Measurements.
- Core Internet Infrastructure.
- Community networks.
- Business Practices and Higher Education in the Age of Technology
- Network data security and management, attack mitigation.
- IP network architecture, sizing, configuration and administration.
- Routing and switching protocols, including unicast, multicast, anycast, SDN, etc.
- Cloud Computing.
- Open Data/Big Data.
- Technology and Content Production.
- Relations between Mobile Operators and the Internet Community
- Applications for end-users (e.g. e-mail, HTTP, DNS, NFVs, etc.)
- Peering, Internet traffic exchange, IXPs
The submission deadline is 8th April 2022.
AIS 22 Speaker Guidelines
- Presentations should be 10 minutes long, with 10 minutes of Q&A at the end of each presentation.
- The presenter should articulate their presentation slowly allowing room for interpretation.
- The maximum time allotted per presentation will not exceed 25 minutes.
- The Presenter will be required to use the AIS'22 Presentation Template. Available for download HERE
- The presenter(s) will be required to upload their final presentation in PDF format, no later than five (5) days prior to the presentation date.
- Presenters are responsible for producing any handouts if required. There are usually approximately 200 delegates in each session.
- Presentations with marketing and/or commercial content will not be considered.
- Read more about the Speaker's obligations in the Meeting Etiquette here
- Deadline for submitting Presentation Abstracts – 14th April 2022
- Deadline for submission of draft presentations – 20th April 2022
- Submission of final presentation – 22nd April 2022
- Recording presentations - 22nd April 2022
- Dry runs will take place from 24th - 26th May 2022,
exact dates and timings for speakers only will be announced at a later date
How to submit a Presentation Proposal
- Please submit your Call for Presentation at https://registration.afrinic.net/forms/cfp-ais22
- Fill in the online form with the requested information.
- In the Speakers section, provide your abstract, your biography, and slides.
Should you experience any challenges please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org