- Join discussions about the community-defined policies and procedures that AFRINIC uses to allocate Internet number resources and have your say.
- Take part in plenary sessions, listen to topical presentations, view demonstrations, attend relevant workshops and tutorials and participate in panel sessions.
- Meet with other attendees at lunches and informal evening social events to expand your global networks.
To find out more about the meetings, please view the past meetings' agendas and meeting reports.
Over the past two years, the meeting has been taking place online, however, AIS'22 will take a Hybrid format. Here, the focus is on seamless collaboration and on content sharing both in-room and online making the meetings as intuitive and straightforward as face-to-face meetings. Remote delegates will join the meeting via Meetecho while In-person /onsite delegates will sit together in a dedicated meeting venue. The sessions will be 4 hours long per day. The Summit will abide by the COVID-19 protocols prevailing in Mauritius. At the moment, we are limited to having a maximum of 50 delegates onsite but we hope for a further pax increase from the Mauritian Authorities in March 2022, and we shall issue further communication complete with the meeting venue. Delegates planning to travel to Mauritius are advised to await the official communique from the Mauritian Authorities before booking their flights.
Delegate Safety remains a priority during AIS'22 and we have put in place safety procedures to ensure the best eve or protection and comfort for all AIS'22 attendees we are working in line with the COVID-19 Protocols, Mauritian Government protocols in light of the evolving situation around the coronavirus outbreak. Please see the COVID-19 Safety section here
Registration opens a few months before the meeting. We'll notify the community via this website, the AFRINIC mailing lists and social media sites. Once registration is open, you'll need to create a login and complete the online registration form on this site. Meeting registration is usually open three months before the meeting.
The meeting will take the Hybrid format and delegates will be able to follow the meeting both onsite and online. For online delegates, we will use the Meetecho Platform. This platform does not require you to install software and can be used directly on any device with a WebRTC-enabled web browser. After registration, we shall share the link and an access token later necessary for you to join the meeting online.
Every year the AFRINIC/AIS Programme Committee looks for people to:
- Participate in the technical conference sessions as a speaker
- Convene and chair panel sessions on relevant topics
- Deliver technical tutorials
If you'd like to be considered as a speaker or workshop leader, please see our Speakers section for more information.
AIS'22 will provide a unique opportunity for your organisation to share and showcase your vision for this aspiration as well as open multiple business opportunities brought by the global audience attending the event.
There are three main sponsorship categories for AIS'22
- Networking Partnership - This category revolves around all the social events at AIS'22 which form an integral part of the event programme.
- In-Kind Partnership- This is the more personalized category that is tailor-made to the specification of sponsors.
- Event Partnerships - This includes the Official Media, Connectivity, session and Translation and Captioning Partners.
If you would like to partner with AIS'22 please see our Sponsorship and Partnership section or contact the Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The AIS'22 will be interpreted on three language channels: English, French and Arabic for both onsite and online delegates.
There are event-specific hashtags these include: #Internet #summit #ais22.
More information on AFRINIC's policy development process at: https://www.afrinic.net/policy